Sunday, November 18, 2007

nightime at last

I'm exhausted and I didn't accomplish anything today. The emotional toll of raising Toots and Booboo is once again overwhelming me. I cannot spend even one day with them without needing a break. I hope tomorrow's PCA can fill in for me so I can run to the chiro. without extra stress.
At this point in their young lives we need stay and monitor them till they fall asleep. Perhaps if they had separate rooms Booboo could fall asleep on his own, because he hates me anyway - but Toots just can't stay still enough to fall asleep without a constant reminder that it is bedtime. I am very thankful that she hasn't had any night terrors lately and her nighttime adventures seem to be better. Instead of "entertaining" herself downstairs she has been coming into our room; a much less terrifying night for me.
My roast turned out o.k., but I'm striving for melt in your mouth perfection. Maybe I'll get it right next time. Tonight Buck recorded one of our favorite shows so we can watch it together. He is so sweet. Last night for our date, we bought a bunch of junk food and a movie and hung out in the barn; we had a nice time. So tonight we are going to indulge in another ice cream bar. I can't wait for Toots to fall asleep.

No comments: