Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

It was a good Thanksgiving here. How about you?

Booboo has discovered that he can regurgitate food as a method of control. How can someone so cute and adorable be so-------- needless to say it was an interesting dinner sitting between Toots and Booboo. I still managed to get full though. Buck offered to put them to bed tonight - what a sweetheart. Toots is continually saying hateful things to me, but then she turns around and is so kind and compassionate. I shudder to think what the future holds for us parenting these two into adulthood. Sometimes I wonder what life would be like without all the hassles, but then I stop myself from thinking too selfishly.

Today, I was dealing in grief - still. It is really hard to be ultra patient and pre-schooly when you're wanting just a few minutes to yourself. I had a melt down myself this morning, but my self inflicted timeout was short lived. I'm trying to prepare myself for tomorrow; it promises to be a more challenging day. I must take a few minutes with my Bible in the morning. I need to find a way to give attention to my family without sapping all of my (emotional) energy supply.

Today I am very thankful for my family, animals, rescue workers, friends, shelter, an abundance of food, and for all the people who have been praying for me. Thank you Lord for loving me even when I'm wacko.

No comments: