Friday, November 16, 2007

It's almost quiet

I had a great day. Four home educating families came over this morning. They were so awesome to have over. The pool seemed warm enough and the kids were having a good time. Toots was in her glory having friends to play with and Booboo did really well too. Later I was able to run over to a department store and get new shoes - they were 50% off and a extra ten dollars off too. Since I was in a bargain hunting mode Buck was a sweetheart and let me stop at the pool store that was closing. I was able to get a solar blanket at 50% off. I want to experiment with it to see if I can't keep the pool warmer and less evaporation. I know it will be a pain to deal with though. It was nice that the store seemed deserted because then Toots & Booboo's behavior wasn't as annoying as it was at the next stop with lots of shoppers and well mannered children. I could feel glares from the less then patient shoppers. Personally, I like to hear another kid scream and act up a little - then I don't feel alone in parenting difficult children. Its really nice when the kids can just be themselves without the expectations of society (and parents too ) forcing them into a mold they just don't fit in to. I felt so sorry for Toots at pizza tonight. She was too tired to hold it together, and the boths were too small to wiggle much in so she was perpetually on the edge of a major breakdown. She reacted to everything in a snooty, sarcastic, annoying voice. Poor Buddy - most of her jabs were directed towards him, he handled them remarkably well. Needless to say all three of us responsible folks were dealing with major headaches this evening. It's time to sign off - I hear Toots snoring and Booboo is completely quiet. I hope I can get a decent night's sleep.

No comments: