Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Loose Connections

There's gotta be something not right in BooBoo's head. I know he's had trouble with trust, anger, obsession, and an unusual loud, repetitive, raspy voice - but there's gotta be something else. He has trouble putting things together. Even when a single request is given he has trouble comprehending, and tries guessing. "Put your cup on the table" is too complicated - He's got to figure out what his cup is and then what the table is - even if he's holding the cup and standing next to the table. It takes him 5 minutes - with constant intervention. It's driving me nuts! But he is so darn cute.

I've got to remember to praise Toots more. She's been asking "Am I naughty?" She was also asking the other day about why she acts the way she does. I'm not sure how to explain it, we talk about FAS all the time and she knows she's adopted - but I don't think she really understands. I want her to learn how to succeed with her disability, not to condone misbehaviors, but to eventually learn what it will take to live the life she wants to live. I want to to know how smart and awesome she is. And I don't want her daydreaming about how wonderful life would be if she was with her birth-mom - yet I don't what to speak ill of ?bm?? either. Her "make-believe" world is so real to her - it is hard to distinguish fact from fiction.

Oooo I was actually thinking - it feels good. I sure hope calamity will stay away.

No comments: