Friday, June 6, 2008

Going green?

As I was putting the house to bed for the night, I checked to see if the kids were sleeping on Toot's "independent" camera ( a security camera in her room so she doesn't have to be in the same room as mom all the time) They appeared to be sleeping, but as I walked up the stairs I heard little footsteps ..... quiet....soft little foot steps....and then.... a little head peered around the corner ...... "what are you doing?," I asked in my quiet, patient, energy deficient whisper. "Oh, I just had to go potty" "O.K. back in bed." So - what was the black round object in her bed if it wasn't her head??? And now I "need" to stay up to make sure she goes to sleep, before I can relax enough to sleep. Good thing I checked the toilet seat before I sat down. Yep: she needed to go potty alright. As I was wiping up the seat and was preparing to flush the waste, I thought she was trying to save a tree, and I resolved that cleaning the panties would be easier then if she neglected the toilet altogether. I was feeling o.k. And then a politically incorrect discovery - the tree was sacrificed for indeed she had wiped and placed the tissue on the water tank. Yahoo - clean panties.

At least I have one child who is energy conscious - Buddy is quite happy with his once a month shower. I hope it coincides with his cousin's wedding this month.

I wonder if there are any good movies on ..... I hate to waste my sleep time, but I'll just lay there, listening in the silence, .... did I just hear something?

No comments: