Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday blues


It's a beautiful day outside. I hope that I can get out to enjoy it, but I have to drive 65 miles to our credit union this morning. I think I'll stop by the cemeteries as long as I'm close. I left real flowers last week on my brother's grave (sorta a no-no) so I should go exchange them for fake. My mom's b-day was last Sat. so maybe I'll drop off a rose at hers - only real flowers at this cemetery.

I've been thinking allot about our baby that was ripped away from us. She just turned 6 on Friday. I couldn't even bring myself to send a card. She's not my little girl, but she will always be my baby. I didn't give birth to her, but I loved her so much. It is so hard not knowing if she is really o.k. Her real mom doesn't notice any signs of FASD - yet. Did she really luck out? She drank so much the first 6 months she was expecting that she was surprised when the baby appeared beautifully normal. I loved her and would have cared for her anyway. How could she have "changed her mind"? How could she miraculously be able to care for the child. She says all is well. Life goes on.



My sprained foot is feeling much better so I'm going to try to work more on branch removal - big storm last month.

No comments: