Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Huh?

I hate alcohol. I hate what it's done to my daughter. I hate what it's done to my family, to me. I'm a different person then I was 7 years ago. When we filled out our adoption papers, FAS was one of the few things we said we couldn't cope with. Down's - o.k., wheelchair- o.k., mentally handicapped - o.k.,......, FAS & RAD - no. We were right - how did we end up here and what made us change our minds?
Toot's has been intolerable. Her demeaner stinks, she hasn't been sleeping well, and she peed in the car's cup holder???? I am astounded, bewildered. I broke down and gave her some meds that are supposed to help her sleep - some form of valium. Didn't do much good - she's awake (2:30). She has been hiding stuff in her butt crack. Now, that's a hard place to check in the store :).

On a bright note : I was able to get 4 nights of 7 hours of sleep (thanks Angie for one of them)last week, We survived a big storm (about 20 -25 trees were damaged and the car needs a bit of work) but we are o.k. and miraculously our buildings are too and the power came back on that night, The one year anniversary of my brother's death is over ( Buddy was on the news in his race car - he won another feature the week before too), I'm sure there was something else but I can't remember - that has been the theme of my life lately. The thumping upstairs is getting loud- I better go before Buck wakes up.

No comments: